NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Who is this course for?
NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE -IGC recommended for Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are responsible for implementing and maintaining Health and Safety practices within their organisation, anywhere in the world.
It is a great qualification for people that are looking to start their career in health and safety, or for those already working in this environment who are looking to develop their current knowledge and skills.
NEBOSH recommends that learners have achieved an International English Language Testing System of 6.0 or higher in order to properly understand and complete this course
Why take this course?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the main international requirements for health and safety. The course covers essential learning such as why health and safety management is important in the workplace, and how to identify and control workplace hazards.
Completing this qualification successfully will help you to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvement
- Advise on the main duties for health and safety at work
- Help to manage contractors and visitors to your workplace
- Work within a health and safety management system (such as ISO 45001)
- Carry out general risk assessments at work
The syllabus for the course is split into two units, and 11 elements listed below:
Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE -IGC takes approximately 110 hours of study to complete. It is recommended that you work through the course material and read around the topics to increase your understanding.
This course is assessed in two units, IG1 an open book examination completed online and IG2 a work-based practical risk assessment.
Find the Examination here
Call us for any information +91 9990476078
NEBOSH Courses I IGC I NEBOSH full form I IGC Fee I IGC Syllabus I NEBOSH IGC Exam I Previous nebosh IGC question papers