IOSH – MANAGING SAFELY
Nationally and internationally recognised and respected certificated training for managers and supervisors.
The IOSH Managing Safely is principally designed for those with line management responsibilities for health and safety who want to manage effectively, in keeping with their organisation’s health and safety policy and in compliance with health and safety legislation and best practice.
However, those nominated to co-ordinate the health and safety effort of a location or represent employees with regard to health and safety would also find the course appropriate.
IOSH Managing Safely also provides the perfect grounding for progression onto a NEBOSH Certificate
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the Managing Safely course is to give managers an understanding of how to deal with health and safety issues in the workplace, and make them aware of their responsibilities.
On successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Appreciate why it’s important to manage safely
- Describe their health and safety responsibilities as a manager
- Define what is meant by ‘risk’
- Appreciate the role of risk assessment in managing safely
- Describe the risk assessment process
- Identify appropriate risk control methods
- Outline the legal system as it applies to health and safety
- Appreciate the role and importance of a health and safety management system
- Recognise common hazards
- Identify ways to manage common hazards
- Appreciate how accidents and incidents happen
- Recognise the value of accident and incident investigation
- Describe how to carry out an accident investigation
- Appreciate the importance of performance measurement
- Identify ways to measure health and safety performance
- Appreciate the role of auditing
- Recognise the impact of industry on the environment
- Describe how pollution and waste can be controlled
- Outline the main elements of an environmental management system
E-learning is a great method of learning for those without the time or availability to attend a taught course. You can start an e-learning course at anytime and anywhere in the world. It is an interestingand enjoyable way to learn and you can gain support from a tutor while working at your own pace.
Start date: Any Time
Study mode: eLearning/Class Room
Examinations: any time by online/ June-September-December-March
Exam Locations: Online/New Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata/Hyderabad