Why Fire Safety Training is IMPORTANT ?
Fire safety training helps to protect your business. It ensures everyone knows how to act safely, reducing the risk of injury or loss of life in the event of a blaze. Basic fire-fighting techniques can also help to prevent small fires from becoming big emergencies.
Fire safety training is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. Fire safety measures include those that are intended to prevent ignition of an uncontrolled fire, and those that are used to limit the development and effects of a fire after it starts. Fire safety measures include those that are planned during the construction of a building or implemented in structures that are already standing, and those that are taught to occupants of the building.
Types of Fire
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class K – fires involving Cooking Equipment.
How long is fire safety training valid for?
Upon successful completion of a hospital fire safety training, each student receives a Fire Safety Training Certificate. This certification is designed for hospital professionals who work in acute care settings, and it remains valid for three years.
5 Important Tips to Make Your Fire Safety Training Effective with:
- Retain Only the Must-know Content. To make fire safety training effective, you need to divide the training material into ‘Need to know’ and ‘Nice to know’ content.
- Make it Multi-device Compatible.
- Use Rich Text Content.
- Keep the Modules Short.
- Provide Activity-based Assessments.
Mumbai Hospital Incident
Recently there was a incident happens in Mumbai Sunrise Hospital in the Dreams Mall building in Bhandup area shortly after midnight. The fire was reported at around 12.30 am and 22 fire-engines were dispatched to fight the blaze. Unfortunately Ten Patients were died, however It is not clear how many of those dead were COVID-19 patients. There was also no word from civic officials on how many of those evacuated from the hospital were being treated for corona virus. “The firefighters did a great job in rescuing people. However… some who were on ventilators could not be rescued. I seek forgiveness from their families,” said Mr. Thackeray told reporters Friday after visiting the scene of the disaster.
10 measures to assess fire safety
- Provide adequate means of escape.
- Outline clear pathways to exit doors.
- Install smoke detection systems.
- Maintain smoke suppression systems.
- Conduct regular fire drills.
- Use flame-retardant materials in interiors.
- Make your office accessible to firefighters.
- Keep the building plans handy.
- Ask the local fire brigade to assess safety.
- Comply with National Building Code.