Fire Safet Audit: Fires can have a devastating financial impact upon businesses of all sizes, destroying the livelihood of business owners, operators, and employees, and in many cases leading to bankruptcy. Whether large or small, a fire can cause irreparable damage to a business’ infrastructure and stock, resulting in significant losses to productivity and profit. Statistics show that a large portion of businesses that suffer a fire do not continue operating after the incident
Fire Safety Audit is therefore essential from a moral, legal and financial perspective that fire safety management arrangements are effectively implemented, reviewed and continually improved.Frie
What is it?
Fire Safety audit is a systematic and independent evaluation of the fire risks present in the premises and involve recommendations about appropriate measures to control and mitigate the effects of fires as per National Building Code 2005 & IS Standards in Fire Safety
Benefits of the Audit
Fire Safety audits enable the organizations to address the issues by identifying the following:
- Identifying all significant fire hazards.
- Evaluation of the existing control measures.
- Determining the additional control measures required.
- Evaluation of the current fire detection and firefighting facilities.
- Testing of all fire safety equipment and precautions.
- Training and instruction to all occupants of premises about fire safety.
Review of fire safety management documentation
Interview with management, staff and other stakeholders
Site tour, inspection and operational sampling
Inspection of automatic fire detection systems and planned maintenance regimes
Assessment of occupancy levels, means of escape, access and egress arrangements for persons with specific needs during an evacuation event
Internal performance measurement, monitoring and review arrangements
Fire Safety Audit Report What you will receive from the audit
- Upon completion of the audit process, a comprehensive report is prepared by the auditor.
- The report content will include:
- Executive summary and background information
- Observed strengths and recommendations for continual improvement
- Workplace fire safety observations
- Report content plus prioritised (red/amber/green) recommendations.
Action planning tables.
The recommendations against the requirements of the Fire Safety Audit specification are presented in tabulated colour coded format as per the key below:
Which Organisations can undertake the Audit
Organisations irrespective of their size and type can undertake auditing services as per National Building Code , State Fire Norms & BIS, A few of them are:
- Luxury Malls
- Commercial & Residential Buildings
- Educational Institutes, etc.