Food Safety Training and Certification (FOSTAC)
Ensuring food safety and hygiene
FSSAI has made training mandatory for all Central and State Licensed FBOs under FSS Act, October 06th 2017*. Each Food Business Operator, exceeding specified head count needs to have at least one trained & certified person in their business premises to ensure food safety. The FSSAI shall provide training programs in food safety and standards for people who are in the food businesses, whether as food business operators or employees or otherwise.
Catering & COVID- Food Safety Supervisor -BCACOVID 101
Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) for Catering
Level 1 (Basic) Food Safety Supervisor- Catering 6 hours/ 1-2 Days
Registered food businesses in catering sector. Examples : Tiffin Services, food truck, small canteens, sweet shops, home based catering, dhaba, boarding houses serving food, places of worship, etc.
Any individual intending to enter the catering industry, students & professionals.
Section 16 (3) (h) of FSS Act mandates that Food Authority shall ensure training of Food Business Operator. In this line, FSSAI has developed training ecosystem which will create trained food handlers who will be called as Food Safety Supervisor.There should be at least one trained and certified Food Safety Supervisor (on maximum 25 employees) in each Food Service Establishment including Catering Industry.
Key Responsibilities of FSS are:
1. To carry out implementation of hygiene as per FSS Regulations in their respective food outlets.
2. To train the food handlers in their outlets about safe food handling practices.
Prior to making this requirement a mandate, FSSAI has developed a robust Training Ecosystem called Food Safety Training & Certification? (FoSTaC). Know More about FOSTAC
Eligibility criteria for becoming Food Safety Supervisor
Any person who are in business or intend to become involved in food business, student or food professionals can be the certified Food Safety Supervisor.
Food Handler : Any person who are in business or intend to become involved in food business, whether as food business operators or employees or otherwise.
Student : Students who have completed/pursuing post-graduation in food science/nutrition/hospitality or other allied fields.
Who should attend?
- Anyone from the catering and food serving business.
- Quality auditors (Internal and External)
What will you learn?
This course will help you
- Basics of Food Safety
- Implementation of Food Safety (trained and competent staff) in respective food sectors
- Hazard identifications
- Monitoring of control measures (CCPs; oPRPs)
How will you benefit?
This course will help:
- Individuals to qualified in Food Safety
- Enhanced job opportunities
- Organisations to gain customer confidence
- Helps organisations in their continual improvement
- Legal compliance