Rigger Level-I Basic
Welcome to the Rigger Level 1: Basic Course Portal
Introduction to Rigger Level 1: Basic Course
Rigging is a critical skill in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, entertainment, and shipping. The Rigger Level-I Basic course is designed to provide a foundational understanding of rigging principles, practices, and safety. This course is an essential stepping stone for anyone looking to start a career in rigging or enhance their existing knowledge in the field.
A qualified rigger is defined as a qualified person who, by possession of a recognized degree, certificate, or professional standing, or who by extensive knowledge, training and experience, successfully demonstrated the ability to solve/resolve problems relating to rigging. This course brings all of the rigging concerns into focus for a practical, field-proven method of ensuring rigging safety.
Rigger Level 1 training provides the training necessary for an employer to designate a person to work as a competent basic-level rigger Training satisfies qualification requirements for the construction industry, OSHA §1926 Subpart CC, General Industry OSHA §1910, and other required qualifications for training
Duration: 40 hours (5 days) 2 days Theory and two days project Visit for practical and last day is for Assessment of Exam
Mode of Delivery: Classroom and Hands-on Practical Training
Prerequisites: No prior rigging experience is required, but a basic understanding of construction or mechanical systems is beneficial.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Basic Rigging Principles: Grasp the fundamental concepts of rigging, including force calculation, load dynamics, and balance.
- Identify Rigging Equipment: Get acquainted with various types of rigging equipment such as slings, shackles, hoists, and winches.
- Perform Inspections: Learn to inspect rigging equipment for wear, damage, and defects to ensure safe operation.
- Execute Basic Rigging Operations: Gain hands-on experience in performing standard rigging procedures, ensuring compliance with safety standards.
- Understand and Apply Safety Standards: Develop a thorough understanding of the safety protocols and regulations governing rigging operations.
Module 1: Introduction to Rigging
- Rigging in different industries
- Basic terminology
- Overview of rigging components and their uses
Module 2: Rigging Equipment
- Types of slings (wire rope, chain, synthetic)
- Hoists, winches, and pulleys
- Shackles, hooks, and other fittings
Module 3: Rigging Physics
- Understanding of forces and tension
- Calculating load weight and center of gravity
- Angles and their effect on rigging operations
Module 4: Performing Rigging Operations
- Planning and executing a lift
- Hand signals and communication
- Load control techniques
Module 5: Safety in Rigging
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identifying and mitigating hazards
- Legal and regulatory compliance
Module 6: Inspection and Maintenance
- Routine checks and maintenance schedules
- Identifying defects and damage
- Documentation and record-keeping
Who Should Enroll?
This course is ideal for:
- Beginners looking to enter the rigging profession.
- Technicians and operators in industries where rigging is a part.
- Safety officers and supervisors want to deepen their understanding of rigging operations.
- Any Individual of Legal Age, Managers, Supervisors, Foreman, Riggers, Operators
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Rigger Level 1: Basic Certification, acknowledging their proficiency in basic rigging operations and safety standards.
Why Choose Our Course?
- Expert Instructors: Learn from industry professionals with extensive field experience.
- Practical Training: Benefit from a mix of classroom learning and hands-on practical sessions.
- Safety-First Approach: Emphasis on safety to prepare you for real-world scenarios.
- Career Advancement: This certification opens doors to numerous opportunities in various industries.
Registration and Contact Information
To enroll in the Rigger Level 1: Basic course, please
For further information or inquiries, feel free to contact us
Join us in this comprehensive Rigger Level 1: Basic course and take the first step towards a skilled and rewarding career in rigging!
Note: Course content and structure may be subject to change based on industry standards and regulatory updates.
Persons attending this program will learn pre-use inspection, proper use, and application of rigging gear. Course focus includes making sure all participants fully understand sling hitches, proper rigging gear assemblies, and working load limits.
Major Course Topics Include:
- OSHA regulations, §1926 and §1910
- Wire rope slings and proper use
- Synthetic web slings and proper use
- Round slings and proper use
- Chain slings and proper use
- Rigging hardware and proper use
- Below-the-hook lifting devices
- Pre-use sling and gear inspection
- Softeners and sling protection
- Sling hitches and applications
- How to verify the working load limit
- Sling & hardware rating charts
- Sling angles and angle stress
- Load balance and center of gravity
- How to determine load weight
- Manufacturer’s instructions
- Understanding the fall zone
- Tag-lines and their proper use
- Power line safety
- Safety while working around cranes
The Course is available both Online and Offline mode in Delhi NCR, Bangalore Karnataka, Kolkata West Bengal Lucknow Ghaziabad Noida Utter Pradesh Chandigarh Punjab Gurugram Haryana, Chennai Tamil Nadu, Mumbai Maharastra Ahmadabad Gujrat and Hyderabad Telangana etc.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 212
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
and 205 students enrolled.