INTERNAL AUDITOR ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS)
ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) internal auditor course aims to help you understand and apply the principles and techniques required for conducting effective occupational health and safety audits.
An Occupational Health & Safety Management System such as ISO 45001:2018 assists organisation’s to manage occupational health & safety at the workplace and is integrated as part of the management system.
The benefits include improvement of an organisation’s health and safety performance, reduce costs through accidents, improved staff relations and morale, improved business efficiency and strengthening of corporate brand. Consequently internal auditors play an essential part in assessing the effectiveness of the OHSMS and driving continual improvement.
SEQM TRAINING can provide internal auditor training to help you understand the requirements of the standard, increasing your personal auditing knowledge, and ensuring that the OHSMS of the organisations that you audit remain complaint and continually add value.
During this highly practical and interactive 2 day course you will be guided step-by-step through the entire audit process from the initial stage through to completion and reporting. You will Learn the key principles and practices of conducting an effective OHSMS audit in line with ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 19011 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Individuals wishing to start a career as an auditor
- Those wishing to build on existing occupational health and safety management system internal auditing experience.
- Those who will be involved in conducting 1st and 2nd party audits.
- Occupational health and safety Managers, Engineers, Coordinators and Consultants with OHSMS responsibilities.
- Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervision of an ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS.
- Occupational health and safety Professionals wishing to understand Occupational health and safety Management System Auditing.
- Anyone wishing to plan, perform and conduct an Occupational health and safety Management Systems audit and generate reports.
- Staff who will conduct internal ISO 45001 audits or ISO 45001 supply chain audits.
Key topics include:
- An overview of the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements
- Planning and Performing a Occupational health and safety Management System (OHSMS) Audit
- Managing a OHSMS audit program
- Performing an audit
- Application of auditing guidelines to ISO 45001:2018
- Collecting objective evidence through interviews, observation and documentation reviews
- Preparing audit reports and communicating audit results
Attendees will receive a detailed understanding of:
- The purpose and benefits of occupational health and safety management for the organisation and its customers.
- The role of Internal Audits within an Occupational health and safety Management System.
- The requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and how to audit to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO 45001:2018.
- Audit Planning and prioritising occupational health and safety risks.
- The role of an internal audit in maintaining and improving occupational health and safety management systems, with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to audit processes and their interaction with other processes.
- How to conduct the opening meeting.
- Audit interviewing techniques.
- How to identify and develop the questions relating to an ISO 45001 clause that could be used to check whether a company is compliant
- Efficient checklist development.
- Document review process.
- Conducting and leading on-site audit activities.
- How to audit top management commitment and leadership.
- Clear and comprehensive non-conformity report writing.
- Reporting audit findings.
- How to conduct the closing meeting.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES?
Attendees ideally should have a basic understanding of the PDCA cycle, ISO 45001:2018 and its requirements, and the commonly used Occupational health and safety management terms and definitions.
This knowledge can be gained through:
- Previous experience
- Attending an ISO 45001:2015 Foundation OHSMS course
- Detailed course notes
- Certificate of Completion / Achievement
- Lunch and refreshments (classroom only)
After completion of the course , a certificate of completion awarded to the candidates by NISHE
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes